Workout Wednesday: A Meal That Won't Ruin Your Workout
When you put effort into working out and staying healthy the last thing you want to do is sacrifice flavor in your hard earned meals. Here are two recipes that are delicious without breaking the calorie bank! Enjoy!
Cod With Butternut Mashed Potatoes: (250 calories, serves four, ready in 30 minutes!)
- 4 five ounce cod fillets
- 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. mild curry powder
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 12 oz. butternut squash, peeled and cubed.
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 14 oz can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups of broccoli cut into florets
1. Preheat the oven to 400*F. Place fish on parchment baking sheet. Squeeze 1/2 of the lemon over fish, dust with curry powder and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 10-12 minutes and set aside.
2. Put squash into a microwave safe bowl with 2 tsp. of water; cook on high for 3 minutes, take it out stir and place back in the microwave for another 3 minutes until tender.
3. Meanwhile place the stock cube into a sauce pan with the white beans cover with water and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until tender. Remove any skins that come away during cooking. Place cooked squash and beans into the blender and blend until smooth.
4. In a microwaveable safe bowl add the broccoli with with 2 tsp of water and cover. Microwave on high for 4-5 minutes until just tender.
For those of you that have a sweet tooth (like me) and don't want to give-up desert to stay healthy. Here is a delicious desert that tastes decadent.
Froyo Latte with Chocolate (111 calories, serves one, ready in 5 minutes!)
- 1 scoop of low-fat frozen yogurt
- 1 shot of strong expresso
- 1 piece of dark chocolate, coarsely grated.
1. Place the scoop of ice cream into a small serving bowl, or tea cup. Pour hot expresso over the ice cream and then sprinkle with dark chocolate and serve immediately!